In The UK, More Women Own Smartphones Than Men

April 25, 2013 4:07 am

Make a note of this fact if you are building an app for the UK market: we spotted this stat today, that in the UK, more women now own smartphones, than men. Specifically, smartphones hold 60% of the UK user base, and 58% of smartphone users are female and the remaining 42% are male. (Source)

How do we digest this stat? We can borrow from the article – as habits move mainstream, user demographics will change. The best you can do is to be prepared for size changes.

For Interesting Statistics Everyday, Find Statspotting on Facebook and Follow Statspotting on Twitter

Leave a Reply