India Internet And Mobile StatisticsMay 7, 2011 7:16 am
Some solid statistics on India – Internet, Mobile and TV. from TheNextWeb:
1. 67 Percent of India’s population has a mobile phone. That is 791 Million mobile subscribers, and is growing by 20 Million every month. Compare this with only 520 Million TV viewers.
2. 50 Percent of Indians are aged 25 or below.
3. 10 Billion mobile ads are served each month.
4. India’s Airtel network alone handled more than 90 Billion SMSes in 2010.
5. India has only 100 Million Internet Users, about 8 percent of the population. Entertainment is the top reason Indians use the Internet.
6. India has appoximately 24 Million Facebook users.
7. Indian users spent the equivalent of 1500 Years on EspnCricInfo website during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
We have written about the size of India’s Online Advertising market before.