Internet Traffic Statistics: Online Traffic To Quadruple By 2015June 2, 2011 8:22 am
We spotted some interesting stats on Internet 2015 today:
1. Global online traffic will quadruple by 2015 as the number of gadgets linked to the Internet climbs to 15 billion
2. Nearly three billion people, more than 40 percent of the expected world population, will be using the Internet by the year 2015.
3. Personal computers generated 97 percent of consumer Internet traffic last year, but the share will drop to 87 percent in the next four years as more people turn to smartphones, tablets, and Web-enabled televisions
4. Online video traffic, including data rich 3-D and high-definition transmissions, was projected to be 14 times greater in 2015 compared to last year.
5. A million minutes of video will traverse the Internet every second
6. Mobile data traffic was expected to increase by a magnitude of 26 times in the same period
Statistics Source: Yahoo News
We have written about how many people in the world are on the internet before.