Marc Andreessen’s WSJ Post: Interesting StatisticsAugust 20, 2011 5:55 pm
We spotted some stats from Warren Buffet’s NYTimes post – here are some from Marc Andreessen’s post in the WSJ:
1. . Industry revenue from digital channels totaled $4.6 billion in 2010, growing to 29% of total revenue from 2% in 2004.
2. Today’s fastest growing entertainment companies are videogame makers—again, software—with the industry growing to $60 billion from $30 billion five years ago.
3. Groupon generated over $700 million in revenue in 2010, after being in business for only two years.
4. Today’s fastest growing telecom company is Skype
5. LinkedIn is today’s fastest growing recruiting company.
6. PayPal generated more than $1 billion in revenue in the second quarter of this year, up 31% over the previous year.
Statistics Source: WSJ