Top Five Stats From Mary Meeker’s 2015 Internet Trends ReportMay 28, 2015 12:59 am
Mary Meeker’s 2015 Internet Trends Report is out. Here are the top five stats we spotted in the report –
1. Advertising dollars will flow into mobile more and more. Percentage of Total Media Time Spent On Mobile – 24 Percent, but Percentage of Total Advertising Spend On Mobile – only 8 Percent. Bonus stat – 75 Percent of Facebook Video is watched on Mobile devices
2. If you want to get in on the ground floor, drones could be the thing – Consumer drones estimated to be shipped in 2015 – 4.3 Million, Revenue – 1.7 Billion
3. This explains the whole jobs thing – World Trade is now 25 Percent of World GDP. Since 2000 Population Grew 2.4X faster than jobs. 1948-2000 Jobs grew 1.7X faster than population (USA)
4. A trend you cannot miss – Source of Healthcare insurance moving away from Employers – 54 percent Vs 64 Percent in 1999
5. Here is one that surprised us –50 Percent of Americans receive some form of Government Benefit
So why is everyone talking about India these days? ‘Emerging’ Stat: Big Internet Markets – China #1 in sheer mass, India #1 in new user additions. 65 Percent of India’s Internet Traffic is on mobile. 41 Percent of India’s E-Commerce is on mobile. That explains the app-only moves.